Teaching and supervising of the Department of Anatomy
Department of Anatomy is teaching anatomy and histology at all levels of medical education.
Human Anatomy is taught to the students of medical science and dentistry during the first and the second semester, to the students of pharmacy, physiotherapy, physical education and sport during the first semester.
Surgical Anatomy is taught to the students of dentistry during the sixth semester.
Histology and Embryology is taught to the students of medical science and dentistry during the first and the second semester.
In addition, several elective courses are held for undergraduate, master and PhD students.
Detailed information about the subjects can be found from the Study Information System of the University of Tartu.
Department of Anatomy is also involved in conducting special courses for the student of Tartu Tamme Gymnasium.
- Through the elective subjects, in particular the dissection courses, we offer students possibilities to deepen their anatomy knowledge
- We support the students organized International Anatomy Olympiad
- We supervise students at all educational levels, from undergraduate students to PhD students
- The research topics focus mainly on the histological study of different joint diseases
- We welcome students to join the research topics of interest