Department of Immunology
- Raivo Uibo – general aspects of immunology (particularly medical immunology), international cooperation in the field of immunology, mechanisms of autoimmune diseases (especially organ-specific autoimmune diseases) and and other immune system disorders, laboratory diagnostics.
- Koit Reimand, Kaja Metsküla – classical and new methods for the detection of autoantibodies and their clinical application.
- Ivo Laidmäe – use of fibrin matrix made from salmon blood in biotechnology
Participation in Estonian and international scientific organizations
Most of the staff with higher education in the department are members of the Estonian Society of Immunologists and Allergologists.
- Raivo Uibo is member of the Academician of Estonian Academy of Sciences, member of a Council of the National Institute for Health Development, Member of the Medical Science and Health Strategy Committee in the Estonian Academy of Sciences, co-editor of the Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, member of the editorial board of Eesti Arst
- Ivo Laidmäe and Meeme Utt are members of the Estonian Academic Society of Pharmacology
- Tamara Vorobjova is member of Estonian Society of Gastroenterology.
- Kaja Metsküla and Ija Talja are members of the Estonian Society for Laboratory Medicine
- Raivo Uibo is member of All-European Academies (ALLEA) permanent working group on science and ethics, delegate of Biomedical Alliance in Europe and member of the working group of IVD, founding member of Euroscience, honorary member of Scandinavcian Society for Immunology, member of FOCIS, member of Henry Kunkel Society, member of EASD and Immunology of Diabetes Society, member of EBC Network Council, IAP Advisory Group, BMC Immunology Associate Editor and others.
- Tamara Vorobjova is member of the World Journal of Gastroenterology Editorial Board
#research #for society
Doctoral defence: Jane Varul „Different stress coping strategies of 129Sv and C57/Bl6 mouse strains - evidence from behavioural, pharmacological, metabolomics and gene expression studies“
On 12 January at 15:00 Jane Varul will defend her doctoral thesis.
#research #for society
Doctoral defence: Marilin Ivask “Transcriptomic and metabolic changes in the WFS1-deficient mouse model”
On 29 Novembril at 15:00 Marilin Ivask will defend her doctoral thesis „Transcriptomic and metabolic changes in the WFS1-deficient mouse model“.
Seminar by Professor Gregory Lavieu